2022 ITEM Coalition Year in Review
December 19, 2022
- Letter to CMS: Support for Medicare Coverage of Low Vision Aids. 10 ITEM Coalition members signed on.
December 6, 2022
- Letter to Congress: Support for Medicare Orthotic and Prosthetic Patient-Centered Care Act. 33 ITEM Coalition members signed on.
October 7, 2022
- Letter to CMS: Promptly Advance Coverage of Power Seat Elevation and Power Standing Systems. Congressional letter led by Reps. Jim Langevin, Brian Fitzpatrick, Debbie Dingell, and John Rose. 81 Members of Congress signed on.
October 3, 2022
- Letter to CMS: Timeline for CMS Consideration of Power Seat Elevation and Power Standing Systems. Congressional letter by Sens. Tammy Duckworth, Marsha Blackburn, Bob Casey, and 19 other Senators.
October 3, 2022
- Letter to CMS: ITEM Coalition Comments on Section 1557 Proposed Rule. 40 ITEM Coalition Members signed on.
September 14, 2022
- Letter to CMS: ITEM Coalition Comments on Power Seat Elevation National Coverage Analysis. ITEM Coalition Coordinators letter.
August 16, 2022
- ITEM Coalition Press Release: CMS Opens Request to Expand Medicare Coverage of Seat Elevation Systems in Power Wheelchairs, Further Delays Consideration of Power Standing Systems.
- Advocate for Coverage: www.Rise4Access.org
- Sign the Petition: Get Medicare to Cover Seat Elevation and Standing Systems in Power Wheelchairs.
August 15, 2022
- Letter to CMS: Rescind Medicare Low Vision Aid Exclusion. Congressional letter by Reps. Kim Schrier, Tom O’Halleran, Elissa Slotkin, and Suzan DelBene.
April 25, 2022
- Letter to Department of Transportation: ITEM Coalition Comments on Wheelchair Transportation by Air. ITEM Coalition Steering Committee letter.
February 17, 2022
- Testimony to Ways & Means Health Subcommittee: Written Statement on Bridging Health Equity Gaps for People with Disabilities. 52 ITEM Coalition member organizations signed on.