The ITEM Coalition is devoted to raising awareness and building support for policies that will enhance access to assistive devices, technologies, and related services for people with disabilities and chronic conditions. The coalition is consumer-led and includes a diverse set of disability organizations, aging organizations, other consumer groups, voluntary health associations, and non-profit provider associations.
Most Recent Advocacy Efforts
December 7, 2017
- Letter to Congress: Please Cosponsor Legislation to Restore Access to Manual CRT Wheelchair Accessories, Six Steering Committee Members signed on.
November 8, 2017
- Letter to CMS Administrator Verma: Response to Withdrawal of Proposed Regulations for Section 427 of the Benefits Improvement and Protection Act of 2000 (BIPA), Six Steering Committee Members signed on.
September 21, 2017
- Letter to Congress: Please Pass H.R. 3730, Legislation to Restore Access to Manual CRT Wheelchair Accessories, 32 Members signed on.
September 13, 2017
- Letter to Congress: Please Cosponsor H.R. 3635, the Local Coverage and Determination Clarification Act, 34 Members signed on.
- Letter to Congress: Support for the Medicare Part B Improvement Act of 2017, H.R. 3178, six Steering Committee Members signed on.
The ITEM Coalition’s 2017 Policy Priorities can be found here.