The ITEM Coalition is devoted to raising awareness and building support for policies that will enhance access to assistive devices, technologies, and related services for people with disabilities and chronic conditions. The coalition is consumer-led and includes a diverse set of disability organizations, aging organizations, other consumer groups, voluntary health associations, and non-profit provider associations.
ITEM Coalition 2023 Policy Priorities
Most Recent Advocacy Efforts
May 19, 2023
- Letter to CMS: ITEM Coalition Thanks CMS for Power Seat Elevation National Coverage Determination. 55 ITEM Coalition members signed on.
May 16, 2023
- Press release announcing a National Coverage Decision for seat elevation systems in power wheelchairs.
April 19, 2023
- Letter to CA Legislature: ITEM Coalition Support for Expanding Access to DME in California. ITEM Coalition Steering Committee letter.
March 17, 2023
- Letter to CMS: ITEM Coalition Comments on Power Seat Elevation Proposed National Coverage Determination. ITEM Coalition Coordinators letter.
December 19, 2022
- Letter to CMS: Support for Medicare Coverage of Low Vision Aids. 10 ITEM Coalition members signed on.
December 6, 2022
- Letter to Congress: Support for Medicare Orthotic and Prosthetic Patient-Centered Care Act. 33 ITEM Coalition members signed on.
October 7, 2022
- Letter to CMS: Promptly Advance Coverage of Power Seat Elevation and Power Standing Systems. Congressional letter led by Reps. Jim Langevin, Brian Fitzpatrick, Debbie Dingell, and John Rose. 81 Members of Congress signed on.